TATU Fitness is our personal training division. We offer everything from 1-2-1 martial arts training, strength and weight training, and general fitness work. We also have an in-house sports therapist to deal with injury taping and assessments, rehabilitation programs and sports massage.
Tailored classes in:
- Martial arts
- Pad work
- Weight training
- Strength and conditioning
- Nutrition advice
Georgina Turner BSc (Hons) Sports Therapy
- Level 3 personal trainer
- Indoor Level 1 rowing coach
- Community sports leadership award
- Myofascia taping
- First Aid
- Total group instructor
- Studio cycling instructor
I am a sports therapist and a personal trainer and I believe these two roles work hand in hand as injuries can be an unfortunate occurrence in a gym/fitness environment, so with my sport therapist training I can help ensure that these injuries don’t stop you doing what you want to do.
From a young age I have had a passion for health and fitness. At the age of 8 I started Taekwon-Do, and received my second Dan black belt at the age of 16. I have competed and medalled in a number of competitions over the years including in a British championship. As well as Taekwon-Do I also play hockey, row, ski, snowboard, and climb as well as helping to run fitness boot camps. I have also enjoying challenging myself by entering new and different competitions every year with my next challenge to complete two obstacle races including a Nuts challenge and The Stunt Run over half a marathon.
So having grown up leading a pretty active lifestyle with health, injuries and nutrition playing an important part, I now want to be able to put my knowledge to use and help people such as yourself which is why I have become a personal trainer.
Whether you’re in need of a sports massage, rehabilitation or personal training I can help you to pursue your goals starting today.
How can I help you to reach your goals?
- Regular weigh-ins – To help you keep track of your progress
- Regular measurement checks – Helps you to see where your losing (or gaining) the inch’s in relation to your goal.
- 1-2-1 session- every session will be different and focuses or your goals to keep you motivated and on target.
- Postural assessment and gait analysis – by completed postural and gait analysis specific exercises and treatment can be used to create the necessary changes.
- Easy at home exercise plans – along with your sessions you will be given exercises you can complete on your own to help progress your goal.
- Sports massages- sports massage can be used for a number of different reasons including, tension, stiffness, injury rehabilitation, stress, lack of sleep due to neck pain as well and preparing and recovering from a competition and more. Whatever the reason, sports massage is ideal for nearly everybody.
- Rehabilitation plans- alongside other aspects of treatment rehabilitation plans are used to help kick-start or increase your recover! Exercises will be sport specific to help get back to full training and competition as soon as possible.
I aim to make training fun and tailor all my sessions to each individual, to ensure every session is focusing on what you want it to be, and I believe I can be the perfect trainer for you.
So to round up: I am a goal-setting personal trainer & sports therapist, with a lot of experience in fitness, who wants to help you achieve your targets.